How to activate AirPlay on your Mac
To use AirPlay, your Mac and the device on which you want to stream must be in the same WLAN network.
- Search the AirPlay icon in the menu bar. You recognize it on a monitor with a small triangle.
- If you do not see the icon, go to the Apple menu and navigate to “System Settings”> “Monitors” and enable “Display sync options for availability in the menu bar”.
- Have you clicked the icon, you can select in the list on which device you want to stream the contents, videos or the like.
- To stream music and movies about iTunes, start iTunes on your Mac.
- Click here on the AirPlay icon.
- If this is not displayed, this is usually because no devices are nearby that are compatible with AirPlay.
- Now you can select the desired device from the list.
- The easiest way to connect by using an Apple TV.
Other ways to use AirPlay
- If you want to stream photos via the photo app, you must first open the app.
- Then go to the image or video you want to stream.
- Click on the Share button.
- Under the emerging options, select AirPlay.
- Another list will be displayed in which you can select a compatible device.
Leave a Reply